- Specialty manufacturing
- Business process outsourcing
- Food manufacturing
- Marketing services
- Franchised restaurants
- and unusual businesses existing in defensible niches.
- Headquartered in North America (international operations welcomed)
- Attractive and defensible market positions
- Favorable growth prospects
- Stable competitive dynamics
- $20-200 million in revenue
- $3-20 million in EBITDA
- $10-40 million in equity investment per platform
- We look to work with management in setting long term objectives, monitoring key metrics and assist in continuously improving organizational efficiencies, and making compelling add-on or tuck-in acquisitions.
- We do not want to become involved in day-to-day operational decision making unless that is the plan from the start.
- We will invest in situations that allow for owner/managers to rollover a meaningful equity position in a continuing role or allow for owners or managers to retire and exit completely, depending on the situation.
- We acquire businesses from entrepreneurs, families, ESOPS and public and private corporations.
- We have been the first institutional investor in most of our companies, partnering with entrepreneurs and families to grow their successful businesses while providing for wealth diversification.
- We make mostly control investments, but will consider less than 50% on a case-by-case basis.